BACK BUTTON

Bits and pieces coming together

January 4, 2012, 10:14am

I finished the book and keyboard as well as some work on the background. The colors in the face are also lightened up and I'm using brighter colors to give the sense of light as well as work on making the shadows less severe.

Since I'm working from a photo, the shadows are always the darker than in real life. A camera isn't able to pick up detail in the dark like the human eye can. As a result, I'm doing a lot of research based on work done from life in order to make sure the colors look correct.

Next I'll continue to make the faces curve around more in space, and make the figures merge more harmoniously with the background. 

It sounds like a lot of work, but the result will be amazing!

Back to Painting!


-Mat


No comments: